For any general information on coronavirus please
If you are requiring a Sickness Note due to the Coronavirus please click here for more information.
Online isolation notes launched - providing proof of coronavirus absence from work
Click here to access the NHS 111 Isolation Note
Increased support announced for patients with COVID-19 symptoms and members of their household
Covid Vaccination Boosters
- Spring Boosters - the practice will soon be inviting eligible patients for spring booster vaccinations. The practice will be contacting patients when clinics are available. Alternatively you can book your vaccine via the National Booking Service.
- Patients can book COVID booster vaccines following the link: Booster dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Covid 1st and 2nd Vaccinations
Guidance for immunosuppressed patients
The Government has issued guidance for people whose immune system means that they are at higher risk from COVID. The link is below and we would suggest that via your website you make patients aware of the information. The page contains useful information on:
- who the guidance is for
- keeping yourself safe
- eligibility for additional COVID-19 vaccine doses
- eligibility for new NHS COVID-19 treatments if you become infected
COVID-19: guidance for people whose immune system means they are at higher risk - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Help and Support from the Government for patients with Long Covid
The Department of Health and Social Care issued help and support for patients with Long Covid. The information covers the following areas and is available at the link below:
- Signs and symptoms of long COVID
- If you have long COVID and are unable to work
- If you have long COVID and need support to find, return to or stay in work
- If you have a child with long COVID
Find help and support if you have long COVID - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Vaccinations administered abroad
Covid Vaccination Status
If you need proof of your covid vaccination status, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass
The NHSapp can be downloaded from: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nhs-app/id1388411277 for iPhone or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhs.online.nhsonline for android.
Alternatively you can call the NHS helpline on 119 option 3 and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine, the letter may to take up to 5 days to reach you.